Enter the New Dad Survival Kit! What better way to say "thank you for being the best husband in the world" than by bringing a basket of some of his favorite things to the hospital for while you are waiting for baby to arrive? I put together this basket for my husband and I can't wait to surprise him with it at the hospital. Here is a rundown of what I've put in his kit:
- Snacks: We are going to be in the hospital for at least a few days and I'm sure the food options won't be the best. It'll be nice for the hubs to have some of his favorite snacks to munch on.
- Coffee: At our childbirth class they warned us that the coffee at the hospital is horrible, so I've packed a couple of iced coffee beverages for when the hubs needs a little pick-me-up.
- Cigars & Beer: Havana Honeys premium cigars and a couple of beers to toast and celebrate the birth of our little boy (to sign up for free coupons an to find a retailer near you visit Havana Honeys website here).
- Baby essentials: A couple of items that every daddy should have on hand - diaper wipes, boogie wipes, pacis, and pee-pee teepees
- Toiletries: A few travel sized toiletries to freshen up with since he will be staying the night with me
- Books: Some reading materials for any down time
I love putting together themed gift baskets so it was a no-brainer to put this New Dad Survival Kit together for my husband. Not expecting a baby yourself? This would be a cute and thoughtful gift idea for any expecting father!